Neon Sign dimensions for N&W Roanoke Shops

Mon Dec 17 13:20:29 EST 2007

Bob,

I can't give you any dimensions, but if someone else can fill in a key
dimension, you should be able to scale everything. From the linked
photo, the legs of the sign appear to be spaced to sit on steel beams
that hold up the roof. You can see a ladder at a building column that
runs directly to one of the legs. The others appear to line up the the
pilasters between the columns. A typical structure of that era has a
steel frame located between every window bay. The sign's legs therefore
are probably directly attached to the frame beams under the roof. I
would guess that the bay spacing is between 12 and 16 feet, but I can't
tell.

So, anyone able to get the building's bay spacing?

Danial Fisher, PE