Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS 2007 Christmas Banquet

Thu Nov 22 09:19:23 EST 2007

Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS 2007 Christmas Banquet

Last call for those of you that would like to join your friends
and Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS members for our annual Christmas Banquet. The
date is Saturday December 1, 2007. The buffet style dinner will be held at
the former Southern Railway Station in Altavista, Va. This is a
beautifully restored train station that’s still next to the Norfolk
Southern mainline. We usually have some train traffic during our banquet.
BRC Member Bob Carpenter may even have the key to the restored Virginian
Railway Caboose setting next to the station! The cost of the buffet is
$18.00 per person. Make your check payable to the Blue Ridge Chapter,
NRHS. Guests are more than welcome. You do not need to be a member of the
BRC, NRHS to attend. As of Wednesday November 21, 2007, there are still
BRC members that have signed up for the banquet and have not mailed me
their payment. I have to give our caterer a final head count by this
weekend, November 24, 2007. If you plan to attend, email me ASAP with your
name and the name’s of your quests. Let me know when you are mailing me
the full payment. There are no refunds given once I give the caterer our
final head count. Mail your payment to Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS, P.O. Box
11731, Lynchburg, Va. 24506. Our special guest this year is Steve
Hutchison, President of the Winston-Salem Chapter, NRHS. Steve is going to
present a short slide show titled “Clinchfield Santa Train”. Join us at
6:00 pm for refreshments and munchies. We usually start dinner around 6:45
pm. We will probably finish up all of our activities around 9:00 pm or so.
I look forward to seeing many of you and meeting your guests at our
banquet. Feel free to wear your Christmas attire!! As I have stated many
times before, the friends that you make at this type of Chapter activity
will last a lifetime. That’s the icing on the cake!

Happy Holidays,
Norris Deyerle
National Director
Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS