Monroe, Virginia, Information Request

Thu Nov 1 12:53:02 EDT 2007

From: "Vicki Nash " <sealbait at hotmail.com>
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com
Subject: Information Request
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:31:53 -0400

Hello there,

My name is Vicki Nash, and I have been trying to find
some old information for a town in VA that has really
been removed. It was Monroe, VA. From what I know it
was a very small railroad town that was booming in the
30’s
.well if you want to call it booming. I
understand that there was post office there.

I’m looking for any information you may have or any
one you know I can contact to get it. We would really
love any general facts and photographs.

Anychance you would have some information?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Vicki

Vicki Nash

November 1, 2007

Hello, Vicki:

By coincidence, there has been much recent discussion
about Monroe within a Norfolk & Western Historical
Society group discussion. Perhaps some of the people
who posted comments can send information to you
directly at <sealbait at hotmail.com>

Bob Cohen has a friend, Edgar Ren Conner, III M.A.,
who has much information and many recollections about
Monroe. Unfortunately, Ed isn't on-line but if there
is other information you would like after reading
whatever people send you, perhaps you can send a
message to Bob which he can relay to Ed.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com