Pearisburg Photo Question

Sun Oct 14 14:07:36 EDT 2007

This is just speculation on my part, but the siding could have been provided
for parking maintenance of way camp cars, whose weight would be equivalent
to an empty revenue freight car, and the lightweight track machines of that
day. For light loads, a wider tie spacing would be adequate. The N&W was
profitable partially because it did not spend any more money than was
necessary.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: Pearisburg Photo Question