Movement of locos back to VMT

Sat Sep 22 23:51:53 EDT 2007

Whp writes this blog, because I would be pissed off with the way the Post from 9-11-07 calls NS out and the way it down plays their museum. It sounds, from an outsider's P.O.V., like this guy/gal doesn't believe that there is anything else worth seeing on site. And if VMT is reducing prices when the two engines leave I would say that they believe the same thing. As an over involved member at another railroad museum, I would not appreciate this type of responce to a set back like this to our museum from one of our members. Especially on a public forum.

Sorry for the vent, but VMT has had their share of problems over the past few years, and they don't deserve to have someone from the inside down playing them. They also hae more than enough to see other than the two beauties. I agree I would be a little disappointed to show up and not see 6111 or 1218 but I would never complain and ask for part or all of my admission back. VMT deserves positive support from the membership and they are moving in a positive direction from what I can tell. Still a long way to go, but we all have to over come our musuems past in some area.

Jason Greene
Oakwood, GA

Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: Movement of locos back to VMT

You can read about the latest news concerning the return of 611 and 1218 to the VMT on their blog at

http://vmtmusings.blogspot.com/

This situation is hurting the museum financially at a time when it is already down. They are having to offer reduced admission while the two stars are away.

Ron Davis