611 move to East End Shops

Sat Sep 8 21:10:43 EDT 2007

Myself and my group, the Friends of the 611,are trying to determine the 611's present condition. So any help is appreciated.
Lois J. Ponton
Board Member/Manager
Friends of the 611

My understanding is that 611 needs only the reinstallation of the firebox bricks to be essentially complete.

Sam Putney

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: 611 move to East End Shops
Is 611 complete? (I appreciate that any spare parts for it have probably been sold.) I hope that they lubed the pistons and valves before moving it, since it looks like they are still attached to the motion.

pete groom

On Sep 5, 2007, at 3:53 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:I'd have to say not likely, as most of the "missing parts" were sold at the auction after the end of the steam program in Birmingham, not when the locomotive was moved to the Museum.

Ken Miller