Water Towers at Buena Vista

Mon Sep 3 13:01:37 EDT 2007

"I was in Buena Vista Sunday looking for the water tower site. In an email (which I can not find) I was told that the towers were north of town.
Well, I thought I knew where to look, and went there to find the Bontex plant. Was I in the right place?? Or was the site across the road where the single track runs aout of town?"

John,
Boy did someone send you to the wrong place! The water tanks and coaling tower were at the south end of town close to what is more commonly called Loch Laird.
From Hardee's travel south to 10th St (we call it the Ball Park Crossing) and turn right. As you cross the tracks the tanks were on the left or south side of the road crossing. There are only a couple of concrete pads left to see.
Jimmy Lisle