2 Last Minute Questions

Tue Aug 28 22:17:08 EDT 2007

> I am getting geared up for a whirl-wind trip over Labor Day, and I have two

> quick questions:

> 1. With regard to bridge numbers, are they visible from the road they might

> pass over. For example, I will be looking for bridge 322 in Seven Mile

> Ford. I have found the most likley places where the N&W passes over roads

> in the area by using Delorme's Topo USA, but will the bridge number be

> visible from the roads?

If you are looking for the stone arch bridge from a Link photograph,
you won't need to worry about a bridge number. Take the Seven Mile
Ford exit from I-81 (Exit 39, U.S. 11/Seven Mile Ford). Turn right at
the bottom of the ramp, then instead of turning left onto U.S. 11,
continue straight ahead on Va. 645 to the bridge just down the road.

Bruce in Blacksburg