Transposition Brackets

Sun Jul 29 19:06:07 EDT 2007

The bracket was a line cross-over using a frame and four insulator 'wheels'
to cross over parallel signal lines. Not up or down but side-to-side.
These are still seen on older signal systems, such as the Peavine, but
rarely now.

The cross over works by, essentially, adding the electrical noise to the
signal and at the next cross over subtracting the same. Thus, it is a
cancellation technique.

The frame was mounted to the cross arm on the pole.

Gary Rolih
Cincinnati