Saw-By

Thu Jul 12 00:19:57 EDT 2007

Simply put, you break one of the trains in two and then move the
sections on the passing siding and the mainline until you have
reassembled the trains in the correct order. I have done this during a
show operation with another modeler who knew what I was talking about
when we met a a siding that was too short for either of our trains to
fit in. It took us about six moves. One of us dropped the cars that
would not fit in the siding on the mainline and took the siding. The
other one then connected to the cars and moved beyond the entrance to
the siding. The the shortened train moved down the mainline until the
other train could get into the siding to drop the end cars in the siding
and clear the switch. The complete train now moved past the dropped
cars. The shortened train backed into the siding and coupled to the
rest of his train and moved of in the other direction. This took us
about 1/2 hour to do at scale speeds.

Kurt S. Kramke MMR