Speaking of Matoaka...

Tue Jul 3 23:04:05 EDT 2007

Ben,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the rails still remain between
Coopers and Matoaka. The right of way is usable from Coopers almost
to Bramwell. Beyond Bramwell the right of way is greatly overgrown
with trees and brush and some of the grade crossings have been paved
over. Leaving the rails in place allows the railroad to maintain
possession of the right of way, just in case.......

Ron Davis