A Reject

Sat Jun 23 11:44:48 EDT 2007

Mike,
For what its worth, that photograph is definitely NOT poor composition. Perhaps it is not oriented the way they would like, but that has nothing to do with composition. My Dad was a professional photographer for years, and taught me the craft, and your photos, especially this one, demonstrates CORRECT COMPOSITION! The subject is correctly emphasized and placed within the photo frame. It sounds like criticism from someone who thinks rail photography should be "hardware" shots. That was one thing Winston Link himself tried to avoid.

I wouldn't worry about if I were you. This photo is incredible, and shows that your photography skills and your "eye" for a photograph are TOP NOTCH. Anybody can take a snap shot, but few can capture the moment. But, you did. Looking at this photo, I can almost feel the morning dew in the air, and hear the chuff as she headed out toward Knoxville. The Sepia tone works perfect for this photograph. It really sets it off.

You capture the kind of images that I wish I could.

Let me thank you for your Bristol Line photography while I'm at it. I really appreciate you sharing it with us.

Ben Blevins

I thought I would share an image recently sent to RailPictures.com that was
rejected for "poor composition" It is of a June, 1989 excursion of 1218
departing Bristol westbound.

Can't win 'em all.

Mike pierry, Jr.

Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3