PL Dwarf Details

Fri Jun 22 07:58:04 EDT 2007

Eric and Larry,
Thanks for this info as I am trying to colorize a new style (left quadrant or 9 to noon). In photos the N&W's appear to have an outer lens with a fresnel, while the PRR just used a smooth outer lens with the inner being a flat frosted lens with a 20 degree spread. The spread is achieved from ground or cast parallel ridges in lens. The PRR's sort of give the appearance of looking through a venetian blind. The inner and outer lenses fit right on top each other with only a gasket separating the two.

As such, what was/is the N&W lens configuration for colorized PL dwarf's as far as lens types go? Fresnel outer lens with a flat and colored inner?

Thanks,
Whit

The inner lens was changed to color. There are at least three different styles or ways it was done.
And there are two different style lights ,Right hand Old style, Left hand New Style. I will try to
send you some pictures later this weekend

Larry Evans
Kenova, WV
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:04 PM
Subject: PL Dwarf Details

I know this topic was discussed recently, but I am searching for some detailed photos of a colorized N&W PL dwarf signal. Front views showing the lenses are preferred. I am trying to determine which lens and lens style was colorized. Was it the inner lenses or the outer lenses?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

http://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/________________________________________