NS 33 & 34

Mon May 14 22:48:58 EDT 2007

Mike,

Not long ago I was talking to one of the R&T crew that maintains and
operates the 33 & 34. I don't remember the exact time frame (maybe Gordon
knows, or can find out), but the these cars test all main lines on the NS
system once every (year, or _____) ?

During off time in Roanoke this same crew is continually working on the
equipment, fine tuning the instruments, and making improvements as
necessary. Occasionally you will see the cars making a round trip (such as
to Lynchburg and return) to check them out to make sure its working properly
before beginning an actual OR&TO run.

Jeff

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:53 PM
Subject: RE: NS 33 & 34