Special Function

Mon May 14 15:30:17 EDT 2007

Sam,

The old track geometry car is indeed in the VMT. I saw it there a couple of
weeks ago. Too bad I hadn't seen your message before I left home today
because I was in the VMT this morning and could have taken a picture of the
car.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: Special Function

> Gordon,

> Thanks for the further info in the track geometry car. I saw it in

> Roanoke recently too.

> Your statement that the previous self-contained track geometry car is now

> in the VMT in Roanoke puzzled me though. I have not seen it in or near

> the museum. In fact I was under the impression that Louisville Scrap cut

> it up several years ago despite the museum's oft-stated "understanding"

> that it was going to be given the car. Can you give further information?

> (I served on the museum's BOD in the early 90's and these supposed

> "understandings" between the museum management and potential donors were a

> continuing source of frustration as we watched several major items we were

> assured were destined for the VMT collection either disappear--usually

> scrapped--go to other collections, or be sold off.)

> Thanks,

> Sam Putney

>>> RailPictures.net and have received an inquiry as to what is the special

>>> car