Sardinia, Ohio Station Complex

Mon Mar 26 16:27:04 EDT 2007

This is my second try to get information on Sardinia. My first message was
listed (as sent) but never shown in the listing.----I am interested in
obtaining photos of buildings/equipment of the Sardinia complex I have many
photos of the Station and have built an HO model of it. Aslo ,at Sardinia
was an engine service facility consisting of an elevated coal unloading
track (1 car) length, Sand Tower, Hostler,s Shanty and a steam (from the
engine) operated crane. Sardinia had a Water Treatment facility with two
water tanks along the West side of the Hillsbro Branch "Y". In addition
there was a building ,West of the Station and North of the N&W main to
Cincinnati. Last, there was a Motor CAr building along the Easr side of The
Hillsboro "Y"Sardinia was where the local engine, that serviced the local to
Cincinnati and Portsmouth, Ohio and the Hillsboro branch was
maintained------I wuld like to complet a model of this complex, Any help
would be appreciated.Somewhere I have a blueprint of the locations of all
the described layout above. My Dad, E.A.Stump,was the Resident Cival Engr.
at Portsmouth. --Thanks, Bob Stump