NS records no longer at VA Tech (NW Mailing List)

Tue Feb 13 23:36:33 EST 2007

>While I do not know for sure but I would bet that the collection is going

>join the rest of the Southern collection that is already at the Southern

>Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw, Georgia.

>Jason Greene

>SRM Shop Crew

>So far it would appear that most of the scans of images are still on the VA

>Tech website, though that may quickly change...

> jerry

><jmlaboda2 at yahoo.com>

>From the aforementioned link http://spec.lib.vt.edu/railroad/rrintro.htm

"The records of the Norfolk & Western and Southern railways, their
subsidiaries and predecessors have been returned to Norfolk Southern Corp.
(NS), which is consolidating its historical materials into a corporate
archive in Atlanta."

"More than 12,000 scanned images from NS and other sources will continue to
be available through the VT ImageBase, one of our most popular online
resources."

Robb Fisher
RFDI