Brewer Shenandoah Layout (was Re: Viscose Radford Plant-Viscoe Road, Bridge)

Mon Feb 12 15:14:35 EST 2007

A follow-up to Viscose/Avtex, from info I found via Google searches:

Jim Brewer and friends are building a large HO model railroad in Glenwood, Maryland. The layout follows the prototypical
Norfolk and Western Railroad along the Shenandoah River in Virginia in the 1956 period.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rdaniels2/Index.htm

>From the write-up, research, and photos on this web site, this is an impressive layout. The last update was over a year ago. What is the status of this project? Is it still active? What is its eventual fate? (see http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/102990 for a Roanoke Times article from Feb. 4 about a wonderful layout of 1950s Pulaski that is looking for a home).

Bruce in Blacksburg
--
Bruce in Blacksburg === In the heart of N&W territory. ===

Bruce B. Harper (540)231-4360
University Relations/Web Communications bharper at vt.edu
Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia 26060
See N&W WWW Page at http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bharper/nwrwy/