Wytheville station?

Mon Jan 22 05:47:18 EST 2007

The Wytheville Depot is incorporated into the Feed Mill?? I didn't know that! I was by there a month or two ago and it was still there then. I need to go back and do an all out investigation on it.

And, as for the list of stations, Chilhowie station was torn down when I was a kid, I think after the flood of 1977. The Chilhowie Farm Bureau store is now on the site.

Ben Blevins

When did the old Wytheville depot disappear?
On both of my trips through there, in '87 and '89, I believe, I figured the
depot was long gone as I photographed the area around where I thought the
site was. It was only when VPI posted its shots of the un-N&W-like depot in
its glory days that I realized the depot was still there, but now
incorporated into a feed mill. Turns out I actually had photographed the
thing without realizing what it was. Wish I had explored more and looked
inside the picture windows. Have the mill and the depot bitten the dust
since then?

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: Stations