Quid Cloverdale Branch ?

Thu Nov 16 21:04:26 EST 2006

What is the Cloverdale Branch being used for these days?

As I recall, the railroad had a 20 or 25 year contractual lock on all traffic originating from the Lone Star mill at the end of the branch, and after that period lapsed almost all the traffic went to trucks.

What's keeping the Cloverdale Branch on the map these days?

Also, I never figured out why the branch was constructed in the first place... It was there before Lone Star was built sometime around 1950, wasn't it?

-- abramo