Surprise

Fri Oct 27 09:38:22 EDT 2006

> I guess you are speaking of the new Fs that NS just

> purchased from the KCS?

> They picked up the 4 (A-B-B-A) set that had been

> used on the St. Louis Dinner Train. The plan is

> (From Wick Moreman's mouth) is to paint the set in

> the Southern's Black Tuxedo Scheme and used on OCS

> trains.

=========================
Ever since 4610 was painted in SOUTHERN (bear in mind
I like SOUTHERN, but first and foremost I'm a N&W fan)
I've been waiting for an N&W unit.

Since the NORFOLK in NS is core to the success of NS
it is sad and definately a slight to N&W that they
have failed to paint a unit in a N&W "heritage" scheme
(I suggest the original "Redbird" scheme).

While the steam program was under operation we did
have 611 and 1218 carrying the N&W flag but since it
ended there's been nothing (except for older freight
cars).

Yes we have the N&W red on the business cars but they
say "NORFOLK SOUTHERN".

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD