VMT

Fri Oct 20 09:15:17 EDT 2006

The moderator (wisely) put the kabosh on an earlier post I sent just after the financial misdealings of the now-deposed museum director were brought to light. To put a more positive spin on VMT posts, I have a question about the museum and the who's who. My feeling is that the board of directors is the root cause of the problems, but don't know who the members are. The museum web site doesn't list them; in fact the only "employee" found on the web site is the "National Spokesman" Perry King (whoever he is, beyond a friend of the previous director).

So, who has a list of the board members for the Virginia Museum of Transportation? Board meeting info? Election procedures? Perhaps the place to begin making improvements is replacing dilettantes with people who are really interested in railroads, transportation, and making the museum a better place.

--
Bruce in Blacksburg === In the heart of N&W territory. ===

Bruce B. Harper (540)231-4360
University Relations/Web Communications bharper at vt.edu
Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia 26060
See N&W WWW Page at http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bharper/nwrwy/