VMT

Wed Oct 18 22:12:36 EDT 2006

I remember Steamtown when I was a kid, back in the late 1960's. Half the
things there were rescured from scrapyards, some were already half cut up...
and i imagine when it was all moved half that stuff got scrapped anyway. But
you know I loved those old locomotives. I'd rather SEE trains at a museum
even if they are obviously worn, rather than see cars and airplanes that
have no direct tie to Roanoke while the trains that make Roanoke what it is
today are neglected. Of course I'd like to see 611 and 1218 under steam
again, too...

Bob Welsh

Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:02 PM
Subject: RE:VMT