CF Caboose 513216

Fri Oct 13 23:40:43 EDT 2006

Dear Listers,
I am helping to restore N&W caboose 518216 at the Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati in Latonia, KY. It does not have the Duryea cushion under frame. Does any one know the reason(s) for only a handful of CF cabeese (out of the hundreds that were made) being manufactured without the Duryea cushion under frame?
Also, if possible, I would like to gather any information as to where 518216 has been on the N&W system. It would be great to be able to document its travels as this would help enhance its story as a museum piece. This may be a pipe dream but if any one out there has any type of documentation, or knows of such documentation, that shows were its been please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.
Lastly, all are invited to visit 518216 at the museum. The museum is open Wednesdays and Saturdays. Those that have knowledge about the caboose, especially the railroaders who may have used it, are welcome to add their "technical" input to help in its restoration. Please drop me an email at ddmmil at juno.com as to when you may come so I can be available at the museum to meet and talk with you.
Thanks for any and all input,
Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio