Roanoke District double track

Mon Oct 2 22:04:27 EDT 2006

"my issue is people using todays traffic figures, rather than
the figures from the past 40 years, to cast judgement on the decision
to remove the track in the late 50s. "

Robb,
The problem is you are trying to use traffic figures to justify
something that caused operational problems. If they were so hell bent
on reducing the amount of track why didn't they leave the part where
trains could pull over both sides of the mountain before they had to stop?
I thereby stand by my first reply!!! Good night!
Jimmy Lisle