Unstreamlined Js

Sat Sep 30 22:44:36 EDT 2006

As for streamlining and reclassification to Class J, this was done from September through November 1944; two being done each month.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Unstreamlined Js

Yes. 605-610 were built unstreamlined and were class J-1.

EdKing
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 10:25 PM
Subject: Unstreamlined Js

Can anyone tell me which of the "war baby" Js were originally built without streamlining, and what class they carried. Somewhere (don't remember where) I had seen a reference saying that they carried "J1" class designation while in their naked dress and that they were reclassified "J" after streamlining... is this correct???

TIA

jerry
<jmlaboda2 at yahoo.com>

Passenger Car Photo Indexes - UPDATED 10/05/06 WITH 2407 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

N-scale Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/UsersGuide.htm>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!