Photo of the 1218 in Roanoke, 1971

Sun Sep 10 11:35:35 EDT 2006

My photo, taken with a cheap Kodak camera of 1218 on Track 2 with coach
1733 visible in the consist of the last No. 4 is on adjacent track 3.
This is May 1, 1971, it was a very bright, sunny day, the glare off the
freshly graphited smokebox front was a bit much for the cheap camera. I
would not get a decent camera for another 3 years.

The canopy was taken down in September/October/November of 1971, I
cannot seem to find an exact time frame and tracks 1 and 2 were removed
in December or January 1972 and paved over.

Ken Miller