Switch Lock Dating - Narrow & Weedy

Thu Sep 7 08:52:13 EDT 2006

Chuck Speicher writes...

Greetings from Dry Branch on the former Narrow and Weedy ( still narrow and somewhat weedy) .
<<

Can't help you with he switch lock issue, Chuck, but I do lime your figure of speech.

Fifty years ago, I heard the term "Narrow & Weedy," and the person who used that term in speaking told me that Race Horse Smith occasionally referred to his railroad in such fashion.

Have any other Listers heard the term "Narrow & Weedy" and raised the question of its history?

BTW, it's good to hear from Dry Branch. You guys still watering the eastbounds there, Chuck...?

-- abramoslav