N&W CPL signals

Sat Aug 19 15:29:34 EDT 2006

Though not addressed to me, perhaps I can answer what I think your question
is, Harry.
The FRA requires certain "entering block" protection for hand throw switches
in traffic control territory with timetable speed greater than 20MPH.
Either a traffic cleared leaving signal or an electric lock. Most roads use
electric locks. An exception can be made if the timetable prohibits
anything powered from clearing up in the subject track. That's it in a
nutshell.

John Marbury
Buford, GA