Kimball House / Philadelphia

Fri Aug 4 15:17:49 EDT 2006

The author of the article reports that the house has been demolished.

J. Kelling, Greenbelt, MD

The following link is to an May 19 article that discusses the then impending demolition of Fredrick J. Kimball's house (Kimball was the second president of the N & W RR and the impetus for its expansion into the Pocahontas Coal Fields).

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/living/columnists/inga_saffron/14614508.htm

Thanks to Jim Dalmas, author of the Roanoke streetcar book available in the NWHS Commissary, for this reference.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:29 PM
Subject: Kimball House / Philadelphia

Here are eight pictures of F. Kimball's house on the campus of Philadelphia University. Probably by now, it has been demolished; if we have cooler weather, I'll get photos of what is left, if anything. By the numbers (1) right front (2) left end (3) rear (4) rear, more distant than #3 (5) right side (6) full front and lots of trees (7) left front w/ outside stairs (8) front entrance and canopy. A couple of what I have are duplicates; I am sending the better shots.

http://www.nwhs.org/qna/KimballHouse.html

Jerry Crosson