Va Museum of Transportation

Wed Jul 26 22:48:10 EDT 2006

To my knowledge none of the outside exhibits were damaged during the
storm. The damage was contained to an area that is now the aviation
gallery and the African-American in Railroading Exhibit. On a TV news
report, one person was shown pulling matted photos off of a stack in
their archive storage area, looked to be a Class A, and poured water
off of it. If I recall correctly, they stated they were freeze drying
some damaged materials to prevent further damage. I never heard any
report of what happened to the paper material that was freeze dried
after the last flood in 1985, other than it was so expensive to salvage.

How the situation can be improved with management and staff remains
to be answered.

I cannot address the question of the Society's involvement.

Ken Miller