Help Me Identify This Location

Mon Jul 24 15:54:17 EDT 2006

>This would appear to be in the Waburn Area.

>Cliff Orange, Christiansburg, Va.

>Yes, Elliston, I just worked across it this week.

>Gary Price

I don't believe so... the bridge in the picture is too low to the creek, and
the creek is too wide, to be any of the ones in Elliston. Also, the bridges
in Elliston, with the exception of the one by the old meat packing plant by
Green Hill, are all in former triple track territory (track would have been
removed by the time of the picture)... the bridge in the photo shows no sign
of a third span.

While this could be the double track span over the Roanoek River near the
VGN overpass in Wabun (i.e, looking westward from the VGN overpass) I'm
pretty sure that span is shorter and higher than the one pictured...

As an aside... Gary, I thought you were on T&S 22?? Or has it always been
T&S 20??

Take care,
Robb Fisher