Bristol line CTC sidings

Thu Jul 13 23:54:38 EDT 2006

>From Employee's Time Table No. 14, Effective 1:00 AM, Sunday, October 26,

1958 - east to west:

Melborn - 141 cars
Wysor - 130 cars
Pulaski - 193 cars
Granite - 80 cars
Clark - 137 cars
Max Meadows - 103 cars
Wytheville - 123 cars
Crockett - 131 cars
Rural Retreat - 137 cars
Atkins - 134 cars
Marion - 126 cars
Seven-Mile Ford - 126 cars
Chilhowie - 68 cars
Glade Spring - 114 cars
Meadow View - 135 cars
Hayter - 129 cars
Abingdon - 75 cars
Wyndale - 132 cars

My question about Chilhowie - was it a CTC controlled siding?

There were sidings at Wurno (between Wysor and Pulaski) and McMullin
(between Marion and Seven-Mile Ford) that were removed in the '50's and some
others removed before that, at least as controlled sidings. (The local
freights,71 and72, had a scheduled meet at McMullin for years.)

Some of these sidings were extended when others were removed.

Is (are) there a photo (or photos) of the Bristol Line CTC machine in
existence?

Ed King