Heartland Corridor

Mon Jul 10 11:27:16 EDT 2006

Part of the traffic on I81 is between Richmond and Bristol/Knoxville.
Traffic that originates in Norfolk and other coastal areas. There is a
massive amount of truck traffic on I81 that originates in Norfolk and
follows I64 to I81 to I40.
I have long felt that the solution to I81's congestion (and I drive it
regularly living in Hillsville and having clients in Roanoke, Salem,
Christiansburg, Abington and Bristol) was rail rather than widening I81. All
that will do is encourage more traffic to use it. Upgrade the NS line along
I81 and be done with it.

Bob Welsh
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:34 PM
Subject: RE: Heartland Corridor