steam boiler filling

Tue Jul 4 10:41:54 EDT 2006

Actually, filling with hot water was done at least once in modern times. When the SLSF 1522 was parked at Union Station in St. Louis post-restoration, the Hyatt hotel there agreed to let us use their hot water feed to fill the boiler. Made for a much shorter fire-up period, although I'm not sure it did much for the comfort of their guests.

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:28 PM
Subject: re: steam boiler filling

Thanks for info about filling an empty boiler.

Once again I am amazed at what the "old timers" did to improve effeciency-i.e. Modified boiler filling with available hot water and steam. And, Ed, I'm going to try to find that article you mentioned in the ARROW. I'm sure I can learn a thing or two.

To all out there have and safe and enjoyable 4th of July

Dave Moorehead
Milford, OH