Pelican, et al.

Thu Jun 22 12:23:59 EDT 2006

Sweetwater & Johnson City TN and Bristol TN/VA

BILL PALMER

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:06 PM
Subject: Pelican, et al.

June 22, 2006

Hello, Bill:

Thanks for the helpful information. Where in East
Tennessee were you when watching the Pelican,
Birmingham Special, and Tennessean?

I didn't see the Pelican passing through Alexandria
until after 1967 following removal of the RPO. Trains
41 and 29 --the Peach Queen-- were combined to Monroe
after 1968, then split there into two separate trains.
I think they only went as far as Bristol and had
little head-end traffic by then.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com<mailto:f_scheer at yahoo.com>