Is this an N&W train?

Wed Jun 21 09:22:17 EDT 2006

I don't know for sure about the place or road but I thought I'd put my two cents worth in about the hopper. N&W's hoppers were definitely wide traveled. I've seen a photo in the book "To Stratford Under Steam" of the Canadian National yard at Stratford, Ontario, Canada dated in the fifties with N&W hoppers. GTW and CN, as has been stated by others, used the Vanderbuilt tenders. As an aside my dad apprenticed in the CN shops at Stratford and that's my birth place.
Dave Moorehead
Milford, OH