Is this an N&W train?

Mon Jun 19 23:14:13 EDT 2006

Frank,

I have no clue as to the location of the photo. However, B&O, C&O and GN
used Vanderbilt style tenders that I am aware of; perhaps other roads did
too.

On another list I participate on, there is frequent mention of N&W hoppers
heading west over Sherman Hill on the UP; not long ago there was a photo in
Classic Trains that showed a N&W hopper on the Milwaukee Road.

N&W hoppers were sent off-line loaded with some regularity; it would be
interesting if some retired N&W employee could shed more light on this. But
the quality of the coal from the mines located on the N&W was in high
demand.

Jim Brewer

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:22 PM
Subject: Is this an N&W train?