Y6b sheathing

Thu Jun 8 08:34:51 EDT 2006

In my limited photo collection, I have a photo of Y6b 2177 without sheathing on the smokebox. This photo is undated.

I also have a photo of 2178 without sheathing on the smokebox. This photo is undated. I have another photo of 2178, marked as taken June 16, 1959 at Williamson, where the 2178 does have sheathing on the smokebox.

I have a photo of 2180, with its original oblong smokebox door, marked as taken May 7, 1949, without sheathing on the smokebox. I have another photo of 2180 marked as taken on July 9, 1957 at Bluefield where it does have sheathing on the smokebox. It also has the round smokebox door.

A photo of 2185, with notation it was taken 8/1949 in Bluefield, shows it with its oblong smokebox door and without sheathing.

An undated and unmarked location photo of 2188 shows it without sheathing on the smokebox.

Please note that all of the above are prints that I have purchased over the years. I have not had the time to cull through my slide collection but will do so when I get the time.

I have no print photos that would answer the earlier question regarding the graphite colored areas on the top of the boiler on the PCM Y6b model.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD