Skunk GP38s

Tue Jun 6 12:29:29 EDT 2006

The "Skunks" were one of two paint schemes tested, I do not know if
they had any merger connection. The other scheme was done on 8072, with
the "NW" on each end, and the "Norfolk and Western" spelled out on the
side. The fireman's side and long end were lettered in dulux gold, the
engineer's side and nose were in white. The white version was adopted
and the last pre merger scheme to be applied. The "skunks" were
lettered, if I recall correctly, with the same style lettering, just in
black over the white band.

Ken Miller