Class M No. 475 after Diamond Jubilee Service

Wed May 31 00:03:48 EDT 2006

That triple-header was one of the excursions during the 1957 NRHS Convention in Roanoke.

Jeff Sanders
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: Class M No. 475 after Diamond Jubilee Service

abram -

She was dolled up earlier than that. She came to Bristol's Centennial celebration in 1956 in that guise. She also was the lead engine in the tripleheaded train they ran on the Blacksburg Branch for one of the VPI games, but I don't know the date. She was filmed doing that duty. Whether she ran after she was put back in civvies after that, I don't know.

Ed King