Location of Photo of Eng 302 in 1939?

Tue Apr 25 23:00:58 EDT 2006

That water tower looks vaguely familiar. Is it possible the picture was taken IN Pulaski back when they had the yard there?

Bob WElsh
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:58 PM
Subject: Location of Photo of Eng 302 in 1939?

Attached is a picture lifted from Ebay, showing a photo currently for sale on that site.

The image reputedly was taken at Roanoke in 1939, and the Ebay listing gives a scan of the back of the photo pencil-marked "Roanoke Sept 1939."

But I have trouble with the identification of the image as having been taken at Roanoke.

Note the large building at upper right corner. I can't recall any building of that size anywhere near the yard.

Senator Blackstock reports the Eng was originally numbered 358, thence 206, thence 302, that she spent most of her time on the Radford Division and that, during this time period, she was a Pulaski engine.

Any ideas where the photo was taken?

-- abram burnett