Whereabouts of 611 and 1218 Excursion Service Auxilliary Tend ers

Thu Apr 6 08:22:54 EDT 2006

The A-Tanks used with 1218 and 611 during their excursion careers were ex
L&N M-1 tenders.There were 3,the first one used with 611 had a tuscan red
stripe,it is now at the Indiana Transportation Museum with their
NICKLE PLATE # 587.
The tank used with 611 in the last days of the excursions was rebuilt with
welded sides and painted tuscan red,it is with Milw. 261.
The tank used with 1218 is at the Museum in Roanoke with the 1218.
These cars were modeled by Bachmann back in the mid 1980's.They still show
up at train shows from time to time.
John Barnett
Raleigh,N.C.