Saltville Branch

Tue Mar 28 19:54:33 EST 2006

It must be a nationwide problem, for here in Seattle the BNSF returned a
right of way back to the county who wanted to turn it into the "East Lake
Sammamish Trail". In many cases this right of way bisected folks property
between their home and their lake front. After several years in the courts,
the trail recently opened. One reason the county did not want the land to go
back to the property owners is that in the future the trail can be converted
back to right of way for the use of a light rail system.

Don Trettel