Obituary

Thu Feb 23 00:05:01 EST 2006

I have lost a personal friend of over 45 years in the passing of Robert M.
Soule,
President of the TVRM who passed away on Tuesday evening. Bob, along
with Paul Merriman, Ed King, Howard Robbins, and others used to visit my
hometown of Gainesville, Ga. in the late 1950's with only one purpose in mind.
That being to congregate at the Gainesville Midland Railroad shops where we
spent many a day and night chasing and pacing Gainesville Midland Decapod
locomotives up and down the rip-rap of the 40 mile GM mainline between
Gainesville and Athens, Ga. photographing and recording sounds of those
wonderful locomotives as about the only source of steam power left in the
country. Ed King of this group can verify the wonderful days spent on the
Gainesville Midland where all of us made some lasting friendships and
memories to last a lifetime. Time has taken a toll on our group, and Ed and
I have been allowed to stay around a little longer to re-live those glory
days.
So long, Bob. You were one of a kind. Bill Sellers.