Horace Miller

Sat Feb 4 22:32:42 EST 2006

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: Horace Miller

Frank,
It must have been in the mid eighties, sometime after Pete Atkinson retired and before S.R. Winegard's short stint as RFE. I remember both Horace and S.R. as being good RFs.
Jimmy Lisle

FYI; Horace MIller, S.R. Winegard, and D.R. Rice all came from engine service on the Radford Divn. And Pete Atkinson hired on the Virginian (Norfolk Divn).

Many a night I "experienced" Denny Rice pulling No. 17 (with Sou. E units) out of Roanoke Station. It didn't matter that Roanoke had a "no whistle" ordinance, or that Commerce St. had gates; he laid into that whistle (OK, horn) from the time he opened the throttle until he crossed Commerce St.!! It's one of those things from your youth that you never forget!

Jeff Sanders