Missing caboose in Galax

Wed Jan 25 20:15:32 EST 2006

Hmm there is one caboose at the trailhead at vaughan. That is NOT an original N&W caboose, I think it was determined not to be the same one that used to be out on Edmunds Rd....
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: Missing caboose in Galax

It is the same one beside TG Vaughn, on the trail parking lot, at US58

Their was 2 cabooses in Galax long ago (1985), that one, and an ACY one. I THINK the ACY one met the torch

Andy Jennings
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:45 AM
Subject: Missing caboose in Galax

Off-topic
Someone was discussing cabs in Galax recently, and I am not sure if it was on here or not. We were trying to locate a cab that was last reported on Edmunds Rd in south Galax. I was out there yesterday, and I looked along the entire 3 miles of Edmunds Rd. If there is a caboose still out there, it is hidden inside a building or in some VERY thick brush or woods.
I am sorry I did not save the original email message so do not know who was looking. Sorry.

Bob Welsh