"Classified Repairs"

Mon Jan 16 21:07:56 EST 2006

Abram,

A 1935 version of N & W Classification of Locomotive Repairs appeared on Page 7 of the Sep/Oct 2004 issue of The Arrow in the article about N & W steam vs. SR diesels. I'm afraid that I cannot help any on the evolution.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 3:08 PM
Subject: "Classified Repairs"

Will some kind soul please give me a list of "Classified Repairs," and what work was done at each of them?

And then, of course, comes the Geschichtlichesentwicklungsfragen ("history of the development" question.) When did the concept of "Classified Repair" make its advent on the N&W, and what permutations did it go through over the years?

-- abram burnett
(the needle-in-the-haystack guy...)