N&W combine 1508 nearing completion

Mon Jan 9 12:49:21 EST 2006

We're almost finished with a complete restoration of N&W combine 1508
that once was part of the Richmond Chapter NRHS. The car's exterior is
done except for paint; interior is almost done. We will be putting the
car into regular service at Spencer Museum (hopefully) no sooner than
April. The baggage section will have a hydraulic lift gate installed on
one side to allow handicapped and wheelchair-bound folks get on easily.

The car will be painted in tuscan red with black roof and gold lettering
and be assigned to our daily train activity around the museum property.
As soon as the car is done and put into service, I'll post another note.

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com