Railroad Locks

Wed Jan 4 23:28:36 EST 2006

I have a couple of questions if anyone out there is a "lock guy". I have some of the "heart" locks that came from my grandfather. They have 1928, 1937 and 1940 stamped on the moving bar of the lock. I assume these are dates, is this correct? Also I have one heart lock that has R R & S stamped on the bar. Does anyone know what this may stand for.

In regard to the cave in, my dad and I use to go over to the entrances from time to time. The entrance that was just off the canal, if I remember correctly was the entrance you could walk in a ways and was much easier to get to and had a historical marker. If your in Richmond, it's an interesting side trip!

Rodney Byrd